SIEMENS SIMATIC STEP 7 v5.6 SP2 Series Products Download
STEP 7 is a basic software package that includes the tools necessary for programming and operating control systems based on SIMATIC S7 / C7 programmable controllers, as well as SIMATIC WinAC computer control systems.
A distinctive feature of the STEP 7 package is the ability to develop complex automation projects based on the use of many programmable controllers, industrial computers, devices and systems, human-machine interface, distributed input-output devices, network structures of industrial communications. Restrictions on the development of such projects are imposed only by the functionality of programmers or computers on which STEP 7 is installed.
The STEP 7 tools allow you to perform:
- Configuring and defining hardware settings.
- Configuring industrial communication systems and setting data transfer parameters.
- Programming, testing, debugging and running programs of individual automation systems, as well as their local or remote maintenance.
- Documentation and archiving of project data.
- Functions of operational management and equipment diagnostics.
STEP 7 is included with the SIMATIC Field PG. It can be delivered as a standalone software package for personal computers running Windows 7 / Windows 10 operating systems.
To be able to connect programmable controllers, the computer must be equipped with an MPI / Profibus card or a PC / MPI / Profibus adapter and a connecting cable.
STEP 7 provides parallel work on the same project by several developers. The only limitation is the inability to write data simultaneously by several developers.
Supported virtualization platforms
You can install the SIMATIC STEP 7 V5.6 software package in a virtual machine. To do so, use one of the following virtualization platforms:
- VMware vSphere Hypervisor ESX (i) 6.0
- VMware Workstation Pro 12.5.2
- VMware Workstation Player 12.5.2
- Microsoft Windows Server 2012 Hyper-V.
You can use the following guest operating systems within the selected virtualization platform to install SIMATIC STEP 7 V5.6:
- Windows 7 Professional / Ultimate / Enterprise (64-bit)
- Windows 10 Pro (64-bit).
There can be restrictions on the STEP 7 online functions.
The same hardware requirements as for SIMATIC STEP 7 V5.6 itself apply to the host operating systems.
The plant operator must ensure that the host operating systems have sufficient system resources. .
We recommend the use of hardware certified by the manufacturers when using HyperV-Server and ESX (i).
for STEP 7 v5.6 SP1 and S7-GRAPH v5.6 SP2 and S7-SCL v5.6 :
- Windows 7 Ultimate, Professional and Enterprise (64-bit) , with SP1
- Windows 10 Pro and Enterprise (64-bit)
- Windows Server 2008 R2 (64-bit) with SP1 (Standard Edition as a work station computer)
- Windows Server 2012 R2 (64-bit) (Standard Edition as a work station computer)
- Windows Server 2016 (64-bit) (Standard Edition as workstation computer)
for S7-PLCSIM v5.4 SP8 :
- Windows Server 2008 R2 SP1 (Standard edition as workstation computer)
- Windows Server 2012 R2
- Windows 7 Ultimate / Professional / Enterprise SP1
- Windows 8.1 Professional / Enterprise
- Windows 10 (64-bit only)
- SIMATIC STEP 7 v5.6 SP1 HF3
- SIMATIC STEP 7 v5.6 SP2
- SIMATIC S7-GRAPH v5.6 SP2
- SIMATIC S7-PDIAG v5.6
- SIMATIC S7-PLCSIM v5.4 SP8
- SIMATIC S7-SCL v5.6
- SIMATIC Modular PID Control Tool v5 .1 SP4
- SIMATIC S7 Distributed Safety v5.4 SP5 Update 2
- SIMATIC S7 F ConfigurationPack v5.5 SP13
- SIMATIC Standard PID Control Tool v5.2 SP4
Magnet Link Download
|File Parameters||Parameter Values|
|Download Tools||Download tools that support Magnet links (such as Thunder)|